When I cleaned my quilt closet last week I found a pile of UFO’s UFO blocks and more so I sorted them out and have them stacked on top of a bookcase in my quilt room – this way I don’t forget I have them.
I had made the bulls eye blocks last summer and then decided I didn’t like them. I had done another baby quilt with raw edges and it keeps fraying like crazy so I didn’t want to do anymore. Well, I decided the blocks needed to go. I already had groups of 4 sewn together so I made it 3 big blocks by 4. I used some old fabric from my stash for the backing and left it the whole width of the fabric.
I did a large stipple stitch and also a X through each bulls eye. I couldn’t believe how fast it quilted up.
My flower this week is a little different. It is another orphan block from quite some time ago. I believe I cut and curved the green blocks the wrong way and had to remake this block. So yesterday I added the little appliques flower petals and then quilted it. It is a mug rug and one more orphan block has found a home!