- Cut your squares 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 using the diagram below to see how many to cut
- Place the tree fabric right side up and the background fabric right side down on top of it
- Draw a line diagonally across, this will be your stitching line
- Stitch the seam
- Press the seam toward the tree print and trim off the 2 back pieces
- These are your HST's - Half square triangles
I made my first one last week, then this one yesterday while blog hopping and forgot to take pictures of the steps so I made up these diagrams for you.
Here is the finished square. Your block will be 5 1/2 inches square.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Here is the link - Christmas Tree Table Runner
I will also be posting it here on my blog tomorrow. Enjoy!Are you blog hopping? I have been, there are lots of wonderful giveaways going on right now and I hope you entered mine.
I have gotten quite a few NO-REPLY bloggers which means I can't thank you for visiting. I reply to every comment so if you haven't heard from me please check your blogger settings!