- Cut your squares 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 using the diagram below to see how many to cut
- Place the tree fabric right side up and the background fabric right side down on top of it
- Draw a line diagonally across, this will be your stitching line
- Stitch the seam
- Press the seam toward the tree print and trim off the 2 back pieces
- These are your HST's - Half square triangles
I made my first one last week, then this one yesterday while blog hopping and forgot to take pictures of the steps so I made up these diagrams for you.
Here is the finished square. Your block will be 5 1/2 inches square.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!here.