The size is 10 x 36 and is made using 2 - 1/2 strips of fabric.
Here is the layout of each block, can you tell I am a visual person?
- Cut 2 - 2 1/2 x 2 - l/2 blocks of each tree fabric and 8 - 2 - 1/2 x 2 - 1/2 background fabric
- Place the tree fabric right side up and the background fabric right side down on top of it
- Draw a line diagonally across, this will be your stitching line
- Stitch the seam
- Press the seam toward the tree print and trim off the 2 back pieces
- You will end up with one half square triangle block
Here are the tree limbs ready to be sewn into a block.
Completed block is 10 1/2 x 10 x 1/2
Make 3 blocks, I switched the color order on the middle tree.
Sew the sets to both sides of your center block.
Now sew the other trees to the center piece.
I used muslin for the backing and Warm & Natural batting. My binding was 2 - 1/2 inch strips.
I did a free-motion stipple quilting on the background.