Yesterday I showed one of the quilts I am working on. This is the block and I thought I would share it with you. The reason I’m working on 2 different quilts is that I am using the same background batik in both and I can’t buy anymore as it was discontinued from Connecting Threads and when it is gone…..it’s gone.
This is a fun block as you can get 4 of the 2.5 inch squares out of 1 charm square so you can have a variety of colors!
- 4 – 2.5 x 5.5 pieces background fabric
- 4 – 1.5 x 2.5 pieces background fabric
- 1 – 1.5 x 1.5 center square accent color
- 4 – 2.5 squares one color
- 4 – 2.5 squares second color
I know there is a name for this block but I don’t know it off hand. Tomorrow I’ll show you the other quilt block I am making and how I am using the batiks in both so I don’t have much to go into my scrap box.