here for 3 fat quarter samplers if you missed it.
I was able to make all the blocks out of the stack and then added a black print for the sashing and a border of a batik I already had.
I'm just going to put a quick tutorial up for now on the way I made it with the fabrics on hand.
Choose 6 different colors and 3 shades of each (I used 18 - 10 inch squares)
- Cut as follows for each color group:
- 1.5 x 2.5 of the lightest batik - 3 each
- 2 x 2.5 of the medium batik - 3 each
- 2.5 x 2.5 of the darkest batik - 3 each
- 1 inch strip by WOF of the black (3)
- 2 inch strip by WOF of the green batik (2)
I added a 1 inch strip of black around the blocks and then added a 2 inch border of green batik. I then quilted the top.
Our weather was a little cooler today so I finally went outside and started weeding my flower beds.....sure was nice for a little while then it got hot again.