I am still digging out UFOs and projects that I have started in the past and want to finish. This is another set of 8 placements. I have another 8 finished that used the other colors in a bundle of fabrics by Jinny Beyers and some added batiks.
I had the pieces all ready to be quilted………then put them away. I think I got tired of making place-mats. Time to finish these! My plan was to use the backing batik (I have the wrong side showing on the back as I liked the colors better) and then fold the backing to the front for the binding.
Every time I try this…..carefully trimming the front and batting…..I seem to catch the back. I did that only to one. Then I was thinking okay…..I’ll make a set of 6. Well, I started folding over the back and I don’t like it as I didn’t cut a big enough back piece. I’m sure when I originally cut the backing I planned on regular binding.
My plan now is to go back to adding binding…..ugh…..that is a lot of binding to put on!
Here is a closer photo and you can see the mixture of batiks and regular cottons. My quilting is just a little different design in each color section.