Yesterday I did a little bit of sewing…….I started working on some Delectable Mountain blocks for a quilt I’ll get finished hopefully by the end of the month. I decided to use fabrics that I have had in my stash for……a while instead of buying new ones. Believe it or not…….they aren’t batiks!!!
Speaking of batiks…..I just finished making 3 quilts using the beautiful and colorful Island Batik fabrics that came in this box a month ago. I love it when you can look back at a photo and see the date you took it! I’m being mean and just showing a black and white photo but trust me…..the fabrics are awesome! Today I plan on getting the quilts photographed so I can put them in the mail. International Spring Market 2015 just got over and these are for Fall 2015 Market.
We have also been working on a project outside…….it was time for new mulch in the flowerbeds. We bought a whole pallet of mulch…..I believe it was 80 bags.
After spreading the mulch in different areas we decided to enlarge a section at the front of the house.
We piled a bunch of the bags on top of the grass but that didn’t kill the grass so I slowing worked on removing all of it. This was a project that took me over a week to do.
You can see how the flowerbed ended just past the rock.
Yesterday I finished it up and Builder Bob put some more limestone around it, then we moved some plants from other areas to fill this in. I’ll pick up some annuals for color now.
See how far we are now past the rock!
On a side note, my stomach started hurting last week and I should have gone to the doctor on Friday but didn’t. I was supposed to go to the MQS longarm quilt show on Saturday but I didn’t think I could walk that much so I stayed home and rested. Yesterday I was feeling much better which is why I finished up the flowerbed. I wonder now if I strained myself last week working on this project….anyway…..I feel 99% better today so I’m hoping it wasn’t my gallbladder and yes Vicki…..I’ll keep any eye on it.