I started working on a little project using strips from a Budding Blooms Stack from Island Batik. These were leftover from my Summer Flowers quilt. I just love the bright and beautiful colors!
Here is a photo of the Budding Blooms Stack. Each Stack has 40 – 10 inch pieces with 2 of each fabric.
So far I have sewn the strips together……can you guess what I’m going to make?? Actually I have a couple different ideas…..you’ll have to wait and see what I come up with.
Yesterday I took my dad to the specialist again and his nose has finally stopped bleeding. They still don’t know why it happened. Dad has to go back again next week and until then he isn’t supposed to bend down to pick up anything or lift things……he isn’t happy since he can’t work on his tractors but hopefully a week from now he’ll be okay.
We have also been working on a new project. Years ago I made a huge berm with rocks all around it and tons of flowers but last year I decided it was too much work and it was time to take it out. We used all of the limestone rocks to expand my new flowerbed that I showed last week. It was last year that I pulled out all the rocks and had some friends come over and take most of the plants. This photo shows what it looked like yesterday.
The dirt will be used to fill in some low spots along the river. Several years ago I had a huge rock put there and when we had a flood…..all of the soil around the rock was washed away. The rock is now down below the wall.
It is so nice to have neighbors with big toys!
This is a lot easier than using a wheel barrel!
Second load of dirt dropped by the wall.
Once the load of dirt was dropped we pulled out the clumps of flowers and weeds.
All of the dirt is spread and now it is time for grass seed.