Yesterday I did another guest post on AccuQuilt’s blog and did a tutorial on my Christmas Pinwheels table runner. You’ll want to stop over there and see just how easy it is to make this beautiful batik table runner.This is a project that can be made in no time at all, below you can see the pieces used to make the block. I used GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter (55500), the 12″ GO! Qube and also the new 12″ Companion Set.
I even found another Christmas post I did for this green Christmas table topper. I can’t believe how long ago it was and…..that I said I would do a tutorial after Christmas.
About two months ago I had someone email me about a Christmas tree skirt that I had made…..along time ago. This is a old picture…..I think my daughter has the tree skirt.Do you know what I did? I stopped working on….whatever I was working on and immediately worked on making a miniature tree skirt with mini blocks. I figured this would be a great way to make up the tutorial and I took lots of pictures of the steps. Then I told my neighbor I was going to go shopping for a miniature Christmas tree and it turned out she had one (and lots of other beautiful Christmas decorations) that she wasn’t going to use anymore and I could have it. I never took photos of the tree setup with decorations….who knows what came up so…..no tutorial.
If you looked up procrastinator in the dictionary, you just might see my name. I have a terrible habit of putting things off until the last moment which is hard to believe as I am a compulsive list maker. For the sake of accountability – I am going to give myself a list of things that I want to get done by the end of the month.
- Blog post about how I write my patterns.
- Finish the Box quilt pillows and write the tutorial.
- Finish a quilt for Island Batik for Spring Market (this will definitely get done).
- Finish and blog about my Winter Wonderland project for Island Batik.
- Send out a newsletter (I can’t believe I haven’t done this).
Now I don’t want you to think I’ve been just sitting around…..
- I have been busy writing patterns.
- Taking Sadie for walks at the park.
- Learning how to use a WordPress plug-in called Magic Action Box that I bought…..last month. See the newsletter subscription box at the bottom of this post….I finally got that figured out!
- Taking Sadie for walks.
- Piecing lots of fun things – pillows, a quilt, another quilt – I don’t know when I’ll get these done, this is for relaxation.
- Taking classes on SEO, photography and Photoshop. Learning better ways to get better lighting for my pictures.
- Enjoying our beautiful unseasonable weather with Happy Hour on the deck with the neighbors.
- More walks with Sadie.